Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Homework Portion of Getting Published

Greetings all!  I find myself dragging my feet still with my agent hunt and I finally figured out why that is.

HOMEWORK!

Looking for an agent, the right agent, requires research.  Reading up on the agent, the agent's company, authors they've represented, the types of books those authors wrote, how those books did and so on.  It's down right tedious BUT if I sit back and do nothing then nothing happens. Time to buckle back down in my search.  At least 30 minutes to an hour a day of searching.  Even if I don't find one that suits my needs, I'll never find one if I don't look.  And if I don't find one, then you all will never get the chance to read my greatest work to date.

I still go back and relive each scene as if I've never seen the story before in my life.  I want each of you to experience my novel in its full glory!

So, time to buckle down!  Back to my "school brain" if you will.  I shall keep you posted on my findings.  Until then,

Happy Reading

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're going to do your homework young lady! :-)

    ReplyDelete