Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Latest News

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Evening readers!

For those of you still here on this journey with me, thank you.  For your patience and support, I thank you.

On with the latest news, I have come to a realization.  Looking back at the queries I've sent over the past couple of years I have noticed that I not been sending NEARLY enough.  Trying to find the perfect agency to represent me.  Trying to get the query letter just right. But the fact is I don't KNOW how to get a query letter just right.  I don't KNOW what makes the perfect agency.

But I DO know who I am.  I know my stories.  And that is what I should be sending out in my query letters.  Instead of being so focused on getting the format, the number of sentences, or the lines spaced perfectly, focus on me as a person and my writing as the art I've always seen it to be.

I've made a deal with myself, not a resolution for the new year.  To send a minimum of 2 queries a month.  This is a small goal but when the everyday gets busy, 2 feels like a lot.  I have already sent my two for this month but I know it won't be my only ones.  I particularly liked the second agency I queried.  They had an online submission form where I just had to fill in the blanks.  Can't do THAT wrong.  :-)

Yes, the rewrite of Love Revisited is still in the works.  I have not forgotten about it.  Another story keeps popping up in my head and you know what that means.  I must put pen to paper.  Oddly enough, this last one reads more like a screenplay versus a story because it switches from first person to third person.  Not sure how I feel about that just yet but it's FUN and that's what's important.

I hope for amazing things for you all this year.  Make it a year to remember!  And as always,

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment