Thursday, July 27, 2017

Literary Update

Greetings and Salutations Readers,

I have been missing in action and I apologize for that.  June swallowed me whole (busy month) and I missed sending out my queries.  I haven't sent any out this month yet either so I'm officially behind.  That's alright.  Life happens.

I did find a great article on Poets & Writers (www.pw.org) called "We Mean Business:  Agents Who Want to Read Your Work" (https://www.pw.org/content/we_mean_business_agents_who_want_to_read_your_work).  It was a GREAT read.  It's making me rethink (again hahaha) my queries.  Especially the portion about mentioning a book that is similar to the manuscript you are trying to pitch.  So I have been spending my evenings reviewing books from agents I'm interested in and what did I find so far?  Exactly what I thought I would find - nada!

There is no book that I know of that is like my novel.

This is a great thing and also an added difficulty.  Great because I've come up with a truly original piece.  Difficulty because I have no clue how to pitch a completely original piece.  I am only one author and there are millions of books in existence so maybe there IS a book like mine out in the world already.  Who knows.  Won't stop me from moving forward.

And I must send my thanks to Lucy Carson of the Friedrich Agency (http://www.friedrichagency.com/) who replied to my query.  It's another "no" BUT I truly appreciate a reply of any kind from an agent so thank you Ms. Carson.

Alright all, I've got 4 queries to get through by Monday (wish me luck) so I better get a move on.  Thank you all for taking this journey with me and, as always,

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment